As head of the Membership Committee the Membership Chairman is responsible for the growth of the Squadron. Duties include:
- ★ Coordinate with members of the Executive Committee to meet and greet participants of the Public Boating Class at the first session;
- ★ Obtain approval of the Executive Committee for potential new members;
- ★ Coordinate all activities associated with interviewing Boating Class students after the final exam is given
and process all forms necessary for enrolling new members into USPS;
- ★ Distribute new member names, addresses, phone numbers to members of the Executive Committee, Telephone Committee Chairman, and
Publication Chairman of the "Pirate's Log"; Write articles for the "Pirate's Log" when appropriate to welcome new members.
- ★ Attend district council and conference meetings and take part in the membership breakout sessions;
- ★ Attend Executive Committee meetings as a permanently "invited guest" but not as a voting member.